I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Johnny Depp in Oshkosh, WI

Johnny Depp arrived in Oshkosh, about 20 minutes from us, Friday night around 7:00 PM to film a part of "Public Enemies".

Depp stars in the film as bank robber John Dillinger, who was killed by FBI agents in 1935 in Chicago. Filming began in Columbus, WI, a small town north of Madison, last month.

Over the weekend, scenes were filmed at Wittman Regional Airport. A slightly "remodeled for the set" downtown Main Street will be the set starting on Monday.

The local newspaper is following closely with updates available at their website .



"Public Enemies" Johnny Depp as Dillinger- Oshkosh gets ready

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Johnny needs to drop in & get some smell goods & some lip balm. He*ll be glad he did. I saw an ad for that movie & thought bout you guys. Thats cool!

ThePeachTree said...

That's crazy. I used to live around there :) Send him over my way when you're done with him!

HareAndDrum said...

my, my, the only former movie set I've been to is Wallace on the border of Montana and Idaho that played Dante's Peak (Pierce Brosnan). And the Main street looks just like this one!

Gracie Bird said...

Lots of filming goes on around our small college towns :-)

Melissa Aubrey said...

That's fun! I'm in Kentucky so we really get excited this time of year when the "stars" show up for Derby festivals!

Kim Bagwill said...

It's so funny that now that I live in LA, something can be filming down the street and no one ever knows what it is or who's in it, but when I lived in Illinois, I knew every movie shot in Chicago and the suburbs and who was spotted where.